Tim Brown
Tim Brown, GP
Experience:  GP in Sussex
108371854

My son who is 10 years who is having a small bump above his

My son who is 10 years who is having a small bump above his hip, no pain though. is this something we need to worry about?

Good afternoon, I am Dr Ruff, thank you for contacting us today

I am sorry to hear this. How long have they had this bump? Is it painful? Any hip problems? Has this been examined so far? Would you be able to provide a photo that demonstrates it?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
we noticed it about 3 months back, no pain and no hip problem. its above his hip region, let me send a picture when he is free

Okay thanks. And has this been examined by your doctor?

When you post it should flag again to my attention but this may be a little time before a respond.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
it has not been examined by a doctor yet
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
wanted to check if its something we need to get it checked as there is no pain and other issues

Thanks, ***** ***** bump like this is likely to be a lipoma, a fatty lump, completely harmless and can disappear as they grow older.

Examination is however key to check it, possibly an ultrasound, but it is unlikely anything sinister.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
thanks for the feedback, will go for an examination

That is my pleasure, all the best.