Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Doctor
Experience:  MD specialist in head and neck cancer surgery and therapy
11269312

My question is one that I'm certain you haven't heard

My question is one that I'm certain you haven't heard before.My brother got murdered, he got stabbed in the heart. He was only 24 years old. When I seen him in his coffin I leaned down to kiss him on his forehead and instantly I got a shock, I mean a real electric shock that went through my body. I instantly stepped back. This only happened to me, no other family members. What could have caused this?

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

Please hold on while I type out your answer. This can take a few minutes.

You had an incident of paresthesia.

Such abnormal sensations in various parts of the body are called Paresthesias.
The different types of abnormal sensations that are experienced include crawling, tingling, pricking, shooting, burning or numbness. You had an electric sensation.

Paresthesias occur due to a sensation in the nerves. This can occur due to electrolyte imbalance, diabetes, thyroid disorders, stress, anxiety, aging, etc.

For you the most likely cause is stress and anxiety. The severe anxiety and your own complex feelings of sadness, stress and anger caused you to have this sudden episode.

Dont worry about this, it is not of consequence.

Hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.
If you are happy with my service, your 5-star rating at this time is most welcome.. If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.
Thank you and I wish you the best of health - stay safe!
Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I was 11 years old at the time. So I don't believe it was due to health issues but I always wanted to ask an expert about this. As it only occurred when my lips touched his forehead as he lay in his coffin. The shock was literally real it made me jump back.

I understand. Dont worry about it, it was just a normal reaction to the intense feelings you were having at that time.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you, Doctor.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi, doctor. I was eating softer foods yesterday and didn't feel that discomfort/sensation. That's good news right? Although when I was eating crisps and dry food I felt the /discomfort/sensation.A few days ago I got a second opinion and the doctor only replied there now, saying that it could be an ulcer in my windpipe, even though I have zero symptoms of that. I'm very worried now.