Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Specialist
111381268

I found a lump in my armpit that’s bruised, I had hodkins

Customer Question

Hi I found a lump in my armpit that’s bruised, I had hodkins lyphoma two years ago and I’m a bit worried
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: no I can’t get through to any phone number to get advice what to do, I’m a bit worried, propranolol for migrane, ventolin and flixotide for asthma and I started prednisone yesterday for an asthma attack
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I wanna know if it’s normal there’s a bruse cause my other lumps never had them, I also have a larger bruse with no lump on the same side above my breast
JA: When did you first notice this? When was your last mammogram?
Customer: The bigger bruse was yesterday and the lump today, never had one but my last scan was a year ago my last checkup with my doctor was September
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Shahid Karim replied 16 days ago.

Hi, thank you for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear about what's gone on. This does need investigating. How large is the lump?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
About the size of a pea
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Towards my back

I see, have you had any fevers? Any night sweats?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No but I didn’t the last time either, just a bad cough

Any cough this time of a similar nature at all?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Yeah I have a cough now that’s why I started the steroids the last three days

ok. I do think your GP should refer you for assessment sooner rather than later. There aren't any hard signs to suggest this is a recurrence but given your history I would ask them to refer you back to the team you were previously under as a matter of urgency.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ok thank you

You're very welcome indeed, glad I could help if a little. Come back if you've other questions in the future and all the very best.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.

Anytime.