Dr Baker
Dr Baker, Family Physician
Experience:  MD
108371854

How would it take for Colon cancer to develop after a clear

Hi how would it take for Colon cancer to develop after a clear colonoscopy I’ve been bleeding for 5 days on the trot
Thank you for contacting Just Answer

A few years, when was your last colonoscopy?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi it was last January but I have been bleeding heavily after bowel movements for the last 5 days they did find piles on my colonoscopy but no polyps but the bleeding now is a lot heavier than I’ve had before I am 59 and male

This is fine then and likely your haemorrhoids

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I had a FBC done yesterday and my doctors surgery had phone me to tell me that a doctor wants to speak to me tomorrow and I’m a little worried about bowel cancer do you think it’s not possible to get bowel cancer if I had a clear colonoscopy in January
Your recent colonoscopy shows that you do not have cancer though

You can drop your haemoglobin from haemorrhoids as well

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
What’s the cure for that is it a operation
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
how much blood would I have to lose for that to happen
Difficult to say how much. If they continue to bleed or are painful they can be banded or surgically removed, so a few options
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Final question please how accurate are colonoscopies are they accurate if you do the prep right

I yes, if the prep wasn’t good they would have told you and would have to repeat it if they didn’t have good views

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
they are a accurate

Yes

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thank you doctor

Take care