Dr. Nickols M
Dr. Nickols M, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Expert
115571763

I have found a hard small painless bump on the top palate of

Customer Question

Hi there I have found a hard small painless bump on the top palate of my mouth. It is in the centre and near my upper teeth I am concerned
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. Nickols M replied 13 days ago.

Hello, I am Dr. Nickols M. It's a pleasure to attend to your question. Thank you very much for your trust in just answer

Can you tell me your age?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
41
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
We have spoken before I think

can you send me a picture?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I can try

Sure, I will wait

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
File attached (1M15VZG)
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
File attached (2LPZG2G)
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Best I could do

Does it itch or burn?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I'm so worried

are you taiking any medication regularly?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I have recently finished a course of antibiotics
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
My tongue has been burning recently

please give me a moment

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Of course
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I have a cancer phobia
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
As you may recall from our last conversation
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I'm really worried by your silence
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hello?

Dear customer, it is a pleasure to serve you today, I want to tell you that what you are experiencing is a stomatitis is characterized by inflammatory processes in the oral cavity and structures in it as the tongue, the vestibule and the inner part of the oral mucosa, the fundamental recommendation is to maintain abundant hydration of at least 3 to 4 liters of water per day to fluidify any secretion that can accumulate in this region, decrease from the nutritional point of view, any food that can increase the level of irritation in this region such as processed and ultra-processed foods, ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard, spicy, soda, powdered chemical drinks and juices, coffee, alcoholic beverages, on the other hand, ulcer mouth lozenges can be very useful leaving dilute a tablet in the oral cavity every 6 or 8 hours depending on the need and the inflammatory process, I would like you to keep me abreast of your situation, I will be happy to assist you and guide you in everything I can, I will be attentive to any additional questions about it.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I'm still massively concerned about mouth cancer

Don't worry, dear; he has no suspicious lesions or lesions suggestive of malignancy, nor is there anything resembling cancer to be suspected, so you can rest assured from that point of view.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ok thank you so much and the photo was satisfactory?

Yes, dear, the photo is fine, anyway I would like you to send me a daily photo with the same illumination and projection to evaluate the evolution in the next days.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Now you've worried me
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Sorry it's the nature of my anxiety it was very hard to take the photo but if that's what you suggest. And it's not because you're concerned about cancer or anything serious?

you have nothing to worry about, dear,

Customer: replied 13 days ago.

you are welcome, dear, have an excellent day

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you again for your kindness and patience
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Good morning my whole mouth is painful all my gums are hurting
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I also have a white lining under each bottom tooth maybe gingivitis?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
File attached (1L1GT3M)
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Also concerned about red patches on my tongue
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
File attached (V1G76M4)
Expert:  Dr. Nickols M replied 12 days ago.

Dear customer, it is a pleasure to serve you again today, I want to tell you that looking at the image there does seem to be an irritative process around the tongue produced mostly by some kind of food or aggression by some chemical consumed, the recommendation is to use a common Colgate toothpaste and suspend the use of any additional mouthwash, also the use of a toothbrush with soft bristles should help, all this with the dietary recommendations that I provided above should improve satisfactorily.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Amd my gums are sore and throbbing all along the bottom row? Is this oral thrush? I haven't consumed anything chemical. Again because of my anxiety I have to ask is this anything serious? I read that red patches on the tongue can be a bad sign

No, dear, you do not have signs of oral candidiasis; it could be gingivostomatitis that, with the recommendations I provided above, should improve.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
the tongue soreness that's not cancer or anything worrying either ?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Sorry for asking...

It's nothing serious, don't worry

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Do you still want me to send photos of the roof of my mouth or are you happy with it?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I'm not quite sure what's causing the burning amd soreness of my tongue

No problem, dear, I could visualize the whole inflammatory process. As I told you before,

the situation should improve with the recommendations I gave you

.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank w
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
You

you are welcome dear

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I'm so sorry to keep pestering you I'm really struggling with the burning sensation with my tongue and can't shake the feeling that it is cancer. I keep googling and it's frightening me
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have a red patch on the surface of my tongue
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
File attached (236VLVV)
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I'm so sorry to ask you such an impertinent question but are you an oncologist? I only ask because sometimes doctors on here are general physicians who answer questions. I the past I have experienced this so please don't think I'm disregarding your expertise
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
File attached (2LQ4M3P)
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Here is the paler patch again with a better light
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hello?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I hope I haven't offended you
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
It's the anxiety
Expert:  Dr. Nickols M replied 10 days ago.

Dear customer, as you will see on the internet there is a large amount of information that only increases the levels of stress, anxiety and worry of our patients, for this reason we have to individualise each particular clinical case and this is where medical judgement comes into play, and everything you have and tell me about is under no circumstances related to any type of cancer, with the recommendations I gave you in my first intervention the situation should improve after a few weeks, but you should still see your doctor.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I'm so sorry I have another symptom on my tongue would you be kind enough to look. I am abroad amd my husband refuses to take me to a dentist or dr thus increasing my anxiety
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
File attached (TG5QPMZ)

Dear customer, it is a pleasure to serve you today, I want to tell you that you have nothing to worry about, I will gladly explain, the tongue has four main types of taste buds that are responsible for perceiving the taste, there are the filiform and fungiform papillae that are located in the center of the tongue, there are the foliated papillae which are those found on the posterior lateral edge of the tongue and finally there are the goblet papillae which are the large taste buds that are evident on the back of the tongue and are the ones that you point out in the image, each of these taste buds are responsible for perceiving salty, sweet, bitter, sour tastes, the goblet taste buds which are the large papillae that you show me in the image are responsible for perceiving the bitter taste of food so they are not any type of tumor or cancer development so you can be totally calm about it. Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you so much for this. One is much larger than the other is this normal? Amd thank you again for the explanation. It looked like quite a raised bump whilst the other is tiny

Yes, dear, it is totally normal, you have nothing to worry about, many times they can increase in size due to the type of stimulus they receive depending on the food consumed during the day.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
It's been like that for a while but I thank you again

you are welcome dear

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Sorry to bother you again I have looked into the information and couldn't find goblet papillae.
But I did find lingual tonsil which has worried me since it seems to be what I have and I read on Wikipedia that if one is inflamed it can be cancer
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I'm so sorry about this