Dr. David
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board Certified Oncologist
41363181

Second opinion] I have a proper obsession with asbestos

second opinion] I have a proper obsession with asbestos since a builder accident disturbed some in our house. It really worries me a lot. Today I was walking my dog in the nearby country park where people sometimes fly tip. Today I passed a van saying asbestos management and testing and saw a man walking out of bushes close by to where we had been walking. I’m now feeling very anxious again about asbestos and breathing in the fibres. If some had been dumped nearby woukd we beat any great risk if walking our dog nearby? I had my daughter with me to make it worse!

This is Dr. David.

No, you would not be at risk for breathing in asbestos.  You are letting your anxiety symptoms get out of control with worry here. You need to talk to your doctor about treatment for your anxiety symptoms.

There are treatments which can help you.

Medications like sertraline, fluoxetine, paroxetine can help your anxiety.

Medications like hydroxyzine or propranolol can help your anxiety symptoms.