How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DoctorGZ Your Own Question
DoctorGZ, Board Certified MD
Category: Orthopaedics
Satisfied Customers: 101
Experience:  Board Certified in Orthopedics
Type Your Orthopaedics Question Here...
DoctorGZ is online now

I slipped on a wet floor in a shop over a year ago. It was

Customer Question

I slipped on a wet floor in a shop over a year ago. It was a typical fall forward with my foot being forced upwards. Had a burning pain under the sole of my foot in addition to what felt like a bad sprain. I used to be a professional ballet dancer and now still teach for a ballet company. Had ongoing Physio and saw a consultant who scanned plantar fascia. Nothing of note really reported but could not weight bear for 6 weeks. I gradually returned to limited teaching but not been able to return fully to dancing. On-going problem with a joint close to the navicular which seems to partially dislocate. Went back to consultant who was able to recreate the movement I experience in the joint. Had x-rays, ultrasound scan which suggested a Lisfranc injury and an MRI. I have to wait to hear from consultant but have a cd of the MRI. I know I am no expert but it does seem that there is a break and a partial dislocation of a bone-the one that is the joint but one after the big toe joint. I am aware you cannot and should not diagnose based on this information but I am worried and just want to know what are the possible treatment methods if it is a partial dislocation which I have been moving around on for over a year. Is this likely to require surgery as I also have post traumatic stress disorder and the prospect of surgery in itself is terrifying if this involves a general anaesthetic. I will hear from the consultant in 3 days but just want to know what are the possible treatments if there is a dislocation following a fracture that has been present for more than a year. I am hyper mobile and am often able to put the joint back myself.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Orthopaedics
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.


I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know Thank and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.


Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No worries. I will get to speak to the surgeon later in the week. Just sitting with the not knowing worry.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.


Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Thank you for your patience,


Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
Hello from JA
Do you have any part of the MRI report?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have a copy of the MRI scan but no report
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
can you upload that to something like and give me the link?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I can attach a pic of the part that worries me.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.