How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DoctorGZ Your Own Question
DoctorGZ, Board Certified MD
Category: Orthopaedics
Satisfied Customers: 101
Experience:  Board Certified in Orthopedics
Type Your Orthopaedics Question Here...
DoctorGZ is online now

My son is 12 and has severe flat feet and overpronating inwards.

Customer Question

My son is 12 and has severe flat feet and overpronating inwards. From an MRI scan and then we realise he had tarsal coalition so he had both feet operated on to take The pain away. That did the trick but my concern is that one of his feet is overpronating a lot has had physio but my question was is there anything Dr can do.
I was told if they broke his foot and pinned it all back together my son wouldn't have any motion in his feet like walking in wellies
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Orthopaedics
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Thank you,
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David

has he tried orthodic shoes to help him?

does he have problem walking?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No problem with walking. He does wear orthodic shoes
Just walks outwards and I heard of stents
Screws in the ankle but doctors said he would walk like his wearing wellies!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You haven't answered my question!!
Is there anything doctors can do for over pronating