How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Orthopaedics
Satisfied Customers: 48738
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
Type Your Orthopaedics Question Here...
Dr. David is online now

I have had trouble in m lower back time but have been able

Customer Question

i have had trouble in m lower back for some time but have been able to cope. Yesterday it went completely and I am unable to move without enormous pain can I see an emergency orthopaedic doctor on a Saturday ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Orthopaedics
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

I am sorry you have back pain.

you need to go to the ER or the A&E and see a doctor there.

you may or may not be able to see an orthopedic specialist at the hospital. it depends on the hospital and who they have on call

the A&E doctors are well aware of back issues

you could very well have a slipped disk in your back pressing on nerves in your back causing pain.

you need an xray or CT or better yet an MRI scan of your back, but it can be very difficult to get a spine MRI scan in the UK.

the A&E can give you steroids to help decrease swelling to help the disk go back into place and pain medications to help decrease the pain.

let me know if you have questions.