wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

My ankles get swollen but they didn't used to. Either with

Customer Question

My ankles get swollen but they didn't used to. Either with socks or if sitting and legs down for extended period of time. Why does this happen and is there any way to ore enter it?
Category: Orthopaedics
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, no other medicines taken or any other problems. Just angles now get oddly swollen. Then when any socks taken off/lying down, ankles get rid of any swelling. This didn't used to happen so do not understand why it is now. Thank you.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that additional information.

There are many, many possible causes for your ankles to swell like that. It may be a problem with your circulation, your lymph flow, your heart, your kidneys, liver etc.

The only way to figure out what is going on would be to have a complete examination and possibly some blood work and specialized testing.

The best place to start is by seeing your GP.

Don't ignore this issue....

Make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS