tazechip
tazechip, M.D.
Experience:  Board certified in trauma surgery and critical care medicine
18722459

Assistant: How can I help? I just beed an opinion from the

Assistant: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I just beed an opinion from the doctor need*
Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Low vitamin D

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
What's your question please?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My 9 months old have suffer an injury to his right arm below the shoulder. From what I gather the information from my 4 years old said that the 2 year old have jumped on the 9 months old arm. The xray showing the arm is caused by twisting and pulling. My 9 months old have low vitamin D, bare that in mind. I was thinking this could happen, you know how the 4 years old told me that the 2 years old jumping on 9 months old arm? I think the 2 years old jumped on his arm, and then caused crack to his bone not like proper broke but crack and then the 2 years old go and turn his arm around then the bone could be break, twisted and pull because bone already crack

Did the x-ray show a fracture?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it did

With a low vitamin D level the 9 month old's bones could be fragile

That said, yes having the 2 year old jumping on his arm could definitely have caused the fracture--it's not likely that it would have occurred without that kind of trauma

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I understand that but because am not there so I couldnt see what else could happen. If the 9 months old arm was already on other side, like twisting position arm. Would that explain the twisting bone?

Yes--that would explain how the bone was twisted

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have one doubt in mind, the 2 years old wouldnt have a strength to twist the 9 months old arm right?

No he wouldn't but I think it was the position of the 9 month old--with the arm twisted already--that caused the fracture

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What about pulling? It is different from the fracture? Because the doctor said bone cause by twisting and pulling

It could happen without any pulling on the arm

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What about this scenerio, 9 months old was laid down on the back, 2 years old jumped on his arm, that will caused the crack on the bone (my theory). Then 2 years old went and try to turn him around but he go and turn him around with his arm, wouldnt that caused the twisting bone from jumping and 2 years old turning his arm around. Sorry for confusion, hope you understand what am saying

I understand

Yes--that's what must have happened

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
One last question, do you have any suggestion of what else could happen?

No--I'm sure the scenario we've described is what happened

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I will do that, thank you for your time. Really appreciated

My pleasure and call on me anytime