Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

My 12 year old daughter’s leg really hurts her. It doesn’t

My 12 year old daughter’s leg really hurts her. It doesn’t hurt when she runs, and it hurts the most when she is still or lifting it up. Stretches don’t help. She broke her other leg a few months ago and went straight to hard sports every day of the week
Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 14 years of experience in the field of Pediatrics at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.
If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.
Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
I am typing some questions please.
I do not see any redness or swelling there.1. Since how long has she had this pain?
2. Is this only on one side or both sides?
3. Is this occurring mostly during sleep or when at rest?
4. Has she gained height in recent months?
5. When was her calcium and vitamin D status checked last please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
About a week (also at the ankle but that wore off slightly) , only one side/leg, at rest or just throughout the day, a little, never,
Thank you for getting back with the requested necessary information.
From her symptom analysis and correlating it with the history that I have gathered from you I feel that the possibilities are -
1. Growth pains.
2. Calcium and vitamin D deficiency.
3. Maybe unaccustomed exercise due to hard sports during the recovery period without appropriate graded exercise.
4. Extremely unlikely without other systemic manifestations but if the pain persists along with swelling and redness then we may need to consider pauciarticular Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis.As of now I suggest you give her Ibuprofen at the appropriate dose and also supplement her with over-the-counter calcium and vitamin D supplements.If she is not better then please approach her pediatrician and discuss the above possibilities which I have suggested.I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.
A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".
If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -
https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you. In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.