Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I have had a fracture of the proximal humerus, accompanied

Customer Question

I have had a fracture of the proximal humerus, accompanied by a (3 week late in being diagnosed) dislocation. I have had C T scan, MRI scan Question is, after 13 weeks, where should I be with my treatment? Is irreparable damage being caused? I have heard nothing from the allocated surgeon
Category: Orthopaedics
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

it is repairable but there will be a lot of scar tissue and retracted muscles in the area.

you need to see an orthopedic surgeon

they can still possibly perform a rodding of your humerus. and relocate your shoulder

have you seen an orthopedic surgeon yet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
surgeon is proposing a reverse shoulder replacement, my worry is that as it has bee this long, is this surgery still the only option, and will any loss of muscle be caused through such a long delay.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

yes, this is the only option. muscle can recover and heal after such a long delay and surgery

your muscles will not heal properly if you don't get this surgery performed.