Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  board certified internal medicine
19706630

Hy There, Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet?

Customer Question

Hy There,
Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I falled down from bouldering about 2 meters. Went to A&E with my sprained ankle as after 45 minutes the pain did not ease. Got X-ray, nothing broken, got crutches and applied RICE. Came back to the UK, still was not able to walk after 10 day so been to Urgent care who referred me in to a physiotheraphy. There they reviewed my scans and think I might have a fracture so they said will send me a letter to see an orthopedic. Since then luckily there is no swelling as I still elevate my feet. I self assessed my ankles and the injured one and the outside ankle bone is about 3 times bigger and hard like a bone. It's painful when I press it at some points.
Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?
Customer: It was swelling a twice as big until the 9th day. Now is okay
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: This is my first sprain.
Category: Orthopaedics
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 9 days ago.
Hi. An mri is a better test to detect a fracture or the degree of tendon sprain or tear of a ligament. Physical therapy is beneficial. I suggest you see an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in foot and ankle.