Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

I have lost my core muscles both sides of my back and the

Customer Question

I have lost my core muscles both sides of my back and the exercises I have been given are making it weaker, also walking makes it weaker. When I go to bed it feels weaker when I get up
JA: Do you have joint pain or swelling? Does it improve with ice and elevation?
Customer: No I don't have any pain or swelling Just total weakness. No movement of any muscles what so ever
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I am a mature onset diabetic. I also take medication for depression which is under control,I have lost a stone in weight in the last week through wory.
Category: Orthopaedics
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 16 days ago.

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 15 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hello... I understand your concern.

I need some more information please.

1. May I know your age and gender please?

2. Are you experiencing any weakness of the arms or legs?

3. Are you having any awkward limb movements?

4. Is there any trouble in speaking or swallowing?

5. Since how long have you had this muscle twitching?

6. Are you frequently tripping and falling?

7. Are you experiencing any sudden mood changes?

8. Is there any family history of neurodegenerative disease or ALS?

9. When was your last calcium and Vitamin D levels checked?

10. Are you currently on any regular medications or supplements?

Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I am 70 years old adn female. Weakness in bothe arms and legs.muscle twitching for about four weeks.I take vit D twice a day. I take blood pressure tablets , tablets for cholesterol, water tablets. The more I try to use my arms and legs the more they become weak and unusable.I hope you have heard of these symptoms before. It really is that my core muscles have gone altogether and I don't know what to do

Please hold on - I am typing my response.

Hello...thank you for getting back with the requested necessary information please. I am sorry for your symptoms.

From you symptom analysis and correlating it with the history that I have gathered from you I feel that the possibilities are -

1. Elderly onset Myasthenia gravis.

2. Multiple sclerosis.

3.Benign Fasciculation Syndrome.

Benign fasciculations are common. Despite the favorable prognosis of benign fasciculation syndrome (BFS), patients are often anxious about their symptoms. In a recent study published in 2018 - it was quoted that - BFS is a benign disorder that usually persists over time. Commonly associated symptoms include subjective weakness, sensory symptoms, and cramps. BFS is usually not associated with pathologic anxiety.

I suggest you take OTC vitamin D and calcium supplements on a regular basis

I will send a link -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Magnesium-Supplement-Vegetarian-Nu-Nutrition/dp/B01N295CCY

This ships to UK and you can use 2 per day.

May I suggest you discuss these possibilities with your primary care physician or neurologist and get yourself appropriately evaluated and managed please.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you! Please do let me know if you need any further clarification in this regard and we can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I do not like to disagree with a professional. But I know that my core have gone completely. and I do not know what to do to improve my situation.Please do not ring my number again because I cannot understand the message,

The only other possibility is ALS - Amyotrophic Lateral scelrosis.