Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  board certified internal medicine
19706630

I feel like I’m getting smaller day by day and I look

Customer Question

Hi i feel like I’m getting smaller day by day and I look smaller i have a really bad back and I think it’s a compressed spine I used to be taller then a lot of my friends etc and now I’m quite small wondering if there is anyway I can build this back or what it is
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: im not taking any medication, I haven’t been working for 6 months because of depression and be lying in bed most days not sure if that could have something to do with it and no I havent
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I take enriched calcium tablets But thats it
Category: Orthopaedics
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 5 days ago.
Hi. I’m Dr. Mark and happy to assist you. I’m a board certified physician. I need some additional information. Your age and gender?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
22 and male
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi dr Mark
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 5 days ago.
Hi. Nice to meet you. It’s very uncommon at your age to get smaller. Osteoporosis can cause vertebral compression fractures that can be painful or painless. But osteoporosis is not commonly seen at your age. Also we don’t have a documented height loss. I’d see your gp to be evaluated. A low testosterone level is a common cause of osteoporosis in older men.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
what can I do?
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 5 days ago.
Like I just said. See your doctor and get your height measured which the doctor will monitor over time. Also get your testosterone level checked. The doctor can also order spine xrays to evaluate the vertebrae.
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 5 days ago.
Ok? Questions?