Dr Hayat
Dr Hayat, Consultant Internal and Critical Care Medicine
Experience:  Expert
113699036

I had an accident 5 years ago, where my horse spooked,

Customer Question

I had an accident 5 years ago, where my horse spooked, barged into me, knocked me down and my arm got badly wrenched at the shoulder. For weeks I had only mm of movement. I dodnt get it looked at until maybe 2 months in, and I was diagnosed with slight impingement and had a steroid shot. But nothing else after that. However its becoming increasingly painful. It aches if I brush my hair and teeth, or leave my hand resting on the top of the steering wheel. It also "sucks in" with every breath - probably makes no sense but I have a video to show you if that clears it up.
Category: Orthopaedics
Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 18 days ago.

Hi..Dr Hayat here...Yes I would like to see the video

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Sorry. It won't seem to let me send it here. Is there an email I can send it to?
Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 18 days ago.

No problem.  Did u get any MRI done ?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
No. They only used an ultrasound
Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 18 days ago.

I would strongly suggest to get an MRI of your shoulder done..Its difficult to assess without an mri.  Ultrasound doesn't pick everything

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Ok. I'm not sure how quickly that'll happen here. Everything seems.to he on a 12 to 18month wait.Just a guess... did you see the video? Why do you think it does that?
Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 18 days ago.

Yes I've seen that. Can't say anything based on this video.  The decision here is surgery vs no surgery and for that you need an MRI.. till then it's just Pain killers ...

Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 18 days ago.

Is there anything else you need to ask?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
No that's it. Thank you. Appreciate it
Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 18 days ago.

Pleasure.  Please feel free to contact if you have any further queries or need to follow up.  Have a nice day.