drphophalia
drphophalia, Doctor
Experience:  I have done fellowship in traumatology, orthopedics (France).
5625079

I went for a massage two days ago and ever since then I had

HiI went for a massage two days ago and ever since then I had soreness around the two inner armpit area right on the outside edge. it seems to be like I feel sore after a work out I can remember lying flat on the table with my arms out and lowered down onto the table and I stand in that position for 30mins while the massage was being done on my back/body.Anytime i tense my chest, raise both my arms I feel the soreness and it’s affecting sleep as I sleep on my side so my arms so the sore area is being compressed into by my arms. My chest feels tense as I’m trying to sleep.It’s been a while since I got a massage too so did feel pins and needles across my body.What can I do to stop this or do I need to let it run it’s course? Or is this something else?.

Welcome to JustAnswer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer or further information request.

Thanks for the question.

I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 5 minutes.

Unless you wish to speak in person, you can ignore the request for a phone call automatically generated by the website, not by me.

The symptoms are likely due to muscle/fascia strain due to deep massage. The following would help;

Rest,

Warm compresses.

Local analgesic cream.

I wish your symptoms resolve soon.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.
Thanks for using JustAnswer.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok so this isn’t my body reacting to an infection (covid or std?) it’s directly a result of the massage right from what your saying?

Yes, it is due to massage.

This is a common phenomenon seen.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thanks for clarifying on this ok I’ll try warm compressions tomorrow on the area.

You are very welcome.

Wishing you a speedy resolution and all the very best in life.

It was a pleasure to assist you.

I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today!

Stay blessed.