TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker. Certified Professioanl Coach
64783947

My son is aged 15. He has a really bad habit which is that

Hi. My son is aged 15. He has a really bad habit which is that when we are eating, he eats his food and then starts taking my food. So I end up with half a meal. He ends up with 1.5 meals. How can I stop his habit?
Hi and welcome. You can set a new boundary with your son by letting him know you are happy for him to eat what he needs, but not by taking from your plate as it leaves you with less than what you want and need and it is without manners. Each time he tries, stop him at that moment and suggest he get up and get some more food from the refrigerator, pantry, etc. It is okay for you to set boundaries.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you. We will try this

My pleasure. Don't be afraid to set that boundary as you are also teaching him respect and manners which will go a long way for him in life not just with you