Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board Certified practicing Pediatrician experienced in common parenting issues.
239748

Really worried about my 13 yr old son, apart from school he

Customer Question

Really worried about my 13 yr old son, apart from school he doesn't have any contact with his friends, online or in person. He says a friend upset him but that was last summer, so we are not sure that is true.
JA: The Psychologist will know what to do. Is there anything else the Psychologist should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Sorry! Pressed enter too soon! I had a big argument with him on sunday, we woke up on monday to find him missing, he had gone out of the window, we did find him and kept him off school to try and sort things and the friend incident last summer is all he is giving us. We have tried all approaches, we are lost. He says he won't speak to anyone. It is affecting us all very badly.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 12 days ago.

I’m Dr. Gupta. I’m a board-certified pediatrician with over 20 years of experience and I will be assisting you today.
I can certainly appreciate your concern,
Give me a few minutes to respond. The website may generate an automatic call request, you can accept this OR choose to ignore it

Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 12 days ago.

This seems to be a situation that is not likely to be solved in a simple online chat, I would recommend getting in touch with a counselor, either at the school or through your pediatrician to get the best results,

A detailed history along with behavioural assessment will be needed here,

Warm regards& stay safe