How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Vasavada Your Own Question
Dr. Y. Vasavada
Dr. Y. Vasavada, Pediatrician
Category: Paediatrics
Satisfied Customers: 3324
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
Type Your Paediatrics Question Here...
Dr. Y. Vasavada is online now

For the past three years my 7 yr old daughter has been suffering

Customer Question

For the past three years my 7 yr old daughter has been suffering from dizziness during her sleep. It occurs every 3 months. It starts off with a dizzy 'episode' in the morning and then it happens throughout the following night every 15-20 minutes. She goes to sleep like normal and then roughly an hour later she starts shouting out and 'lashing' out complaining that she is dizzy and that it feels like her eyes are spinning. She then goes back to sleep but it happens again and again throughout the night. The following night she is back to her normal self. We took her to hospital one night and she was placed on a heart monitor but nothing was picked up. We take her to our gp each time it happens but they tell us it's nothing to worry about and take her temperature which has always been fine. She had a dizzy episode this morning so we are expecting a bad night tonight. It is the fact that it occurs every 3 months that especially worries us as something must be triggering it off? Any help would be massively appreciated.
Thank you
Thank you
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Paediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Y. Vasavada replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Yogindra Vasavada :

Hello, Sorry about this symptom. The episodes could be occurring due to some temporary circulatory event in inner ear (vestibule, the organ for balance) so please get her checked by a pediatric neurologist or a vascular specialist, who will assess and get some tests like MRI, EEG etc for exact diagnosis. Drugs meanwhile may be used for symptomatic treatment.