How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Vasavada Your Own Question
Dr. Y. Vasavada
Dr. Y. Vasavada, Pediatrician
Category: Paediatrics
Satisfied Customers: 3311
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
Type Your Paediatrics Question Here...
Dr. Y. Vasavada is online now

Hello! I have two children - 13,5 and 6 years old. I am talking

Customer Question

Hello! I have two children - 13,5 and 6 years old. I am talking about my elder daughter. Coincidentally, she experienced her first seven years in a tense atmosphere, misunderstandings and scandals. We lived with the grandmother now my ex-husband. Somehow, unwittingly, it reinforced in her the wrong picture that I am guilty about everything and I do not deserve respect, and all that she wants she could achieve with shouts and scandals. It is true that now she grows and needs emotionally detach from me, developing her identity, but in most cases she is tense, nervous and answers almost collapsing emotionally when there are small problems and difficulties. We have lives apart from her father for five years and there is nothing that could create tension. We were looking for a child psychologist, but she only upset her, talk to her about her problems with her father and there was no effect. I think that she needs her inner confidence to stand up and fight with the problems. She does not share with me what was bothering her and experiencing internal stress. Please give me advice on how to help my child?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Paediatrics
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Thank you,
Expert:  Dr. Y. Vasavada replied 3 years ago.
Sorry about this issue. she is at transitional age and having some hormone adjustments which may be causing this turmoil.
You can in this situation just be supportive and continue to show same affection, empathy and patient understanding to her.
Hopefully she will be able to come to terms with reality, know you better and grow psychologically out of this turmoil.