How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Vasavada Your Own Question
Dr. Y. Vasavada
Dr. Y. Vasavada, Pediatrician
Category: Paediatrics
Satisfied Customers: 3323
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
Type Your Paediatrics Question Here...
Dr. Y. Vasavada is online now

I am a parent of four children my 11 year old is displaying

Customer Question

I am a parent of four children my 11 year old is displaying signs of oppositional defiance disorder and my 14 yr old has been displaying signs of conduct disorder with controlling and violent episodes in am at my with end as the patterns of behaviour are moving down the line to each child I have tried family support, councilling even been down the road of requesting camhs through gp but they say they don't meet criteria should i request a peadeatrician? I am currently looking parenting courses to help at home but I feel my two eldest need a specialist assesment aswell but iv exhausted all routes can you please advise.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Paediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Y. Vasavada replied 3 years ago.
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada :

, Sorry about this issue of unruly children. You may sure get them referred to pediatrician and then to pediatric psychiatrist and possible medication.

Dr. Yogindra Vasavada :

It sure is difficult raising kids especially if there is no partner so please also consider giving away one or two of them .

Dr. Yogindra Vasavada :

Here is a link with ph. no. and email address if you need to discuss with advisors :