How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Vasavada Your Own Question
Dr. Y. Vasavada
Dr. Y. Vasavada, Pediatrician
Category: Paediatrics
Satisfied Customers: 3309
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
Type Your Paediatrics Question Here...
Dr. Y. Vasavada is online now

My son (7 years old) has a very bad discharge from his right

Customer Question

My son (7 years old) has a very bad discharge from his right ear for more than 3 months. I've seen the gp's nurse on more than 5 occasions and she's insisting there is nothing to worry about and made an appointment for a consultant at the end of July (for grommets op). I've read that the grommets are useful for glue ear and would not help with the discharge. What should I do? I'm very worried and he's very embaresed at school. Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Paediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Y. Vasavada replied 2 years ago.

Hello, Sorry about this chronic discharging ear he has. He needs specialist care and meanwhile please persist with empirical antibiotic course for any yellow, foul-smelling discharge and use dry antibacterial powder dusting for external ear dressings several times a day.