Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor (non-pediatrics specialty)
Experience:  MBBS. FCPS (R) General Surgery and Traumatology.5 years experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My 6 day old granddaughter had treatment yesterday for

Customer Question

My 6 day old granddaughter had treatment yesterday for tongue tied and tonight she developed a bit of a temperature. Her young parents have taken her to a&e. Can u give me an idea so I can help them when they return
Category: Paediatrics
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 4 months ago.

This is most likely reactionary fever, which can often occur on the first post operative day. This is due to the body's reaction to anesthesia gases and the surgery. It is something common and the treatment is to wait and observe. If there is any other sign of infection then it is not going to be due to the surgery since, surgical site infections present at day 5 or later.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 4 months ago.

I hope you are feeling better now.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.