Dr. Y. Vasavada
Dr. Y. Vasavada, Pediatrician
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
16481530

My 3 month old son was circumcised using the plastibell

Customer Question

Hello,My 3 month old son was circumcised using the plastibell method when he was 5 weeks old. The circumscion went well and the ring came off after 6 days. The swelling went down and there were no issues. I have recently noticed that around the penis there is some fatty tissue particularly underneath the head of the penis. It doesn’t look like excess skin or anything it’s just looks like some extra fat padding around the head of the penis. My older son had the same when he was circumsixed but it wasn’t as much and his disappeared as he got older. Can you advise on this? The circumssion was done well and there was no excess skin when it healed. There just seems to be some fatty tissue around the head of the penis can you advise?
Category: Paediatrics
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello,I am still waiting for a response the been about 6 hours. Can someone assist with this?
Expert:  Dr. Y. Vasavada replied 7 months ago.
Hi, you need not worry as remodelling will take place with growth. No functional issue will come up.
Good luck.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Okay thank you for your response but is this something that can be seen?

The extra fat seen may have been there earlier but not noticed. No harm as just part of normal tissue. Please (safely) upload a pic on site.