Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor (non-pediatrics specialty)
Experience:  MBBS. FCPS (R) General Surgery and Traumatology.5 years experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My daughter has very high fever. It goes up to 40 C. Our GP

Hi,My daughter has very high fever. It goes up to 40 C. Our GP told us it is probably a viral infection. I give paracetamol and ibuprofen alternately. She is going to be 1 year old on 21st March. On the ibuprofen bottle it says to give 2.5 ml between 6 - 12 months and 5 ml between 1-3 years. Can I give her 5 ml dose because 2.5 ml doesn’t seem to help her like it used to before?

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Yes, you can give her 5ml of ibuprofen, it would not cause any harm to her.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks Dr Uzair.