Dr. Y. Vasavada
Dr. Y. Vasavada, Pediatrician
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
16481530

I noticed 3 blackish dots on the sole of my 11 months old

Hi Dr,I noticed 3 blackish dots on the sole of my 11 months old daughter’s foot. What could they be?She had a high temperature and was diagnosed with a possible viral infection a few days ago but her temperature went away after the first two days. She now has coughing and mild runny nose.
Hi, nothing significant, if not just bite by insect, could be dilated capillaries due to virus toxin & will subside in few days. Apply some Vaseline or oily cream.
Good luck.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you very much Dr. Vasavada.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry just one more question related to these spots. Are they the petechial rashes? Is these kind of rashes (that doesn’t fade with the glass test) only an emergency when there is high temperature present at the same time?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Because she had temperature 2 days ago and these doesn’t fade when I do the glass test, I was a bit worried but she acts totally fine.
several spots and running fever make it of worry. Not fading means some blood oozed out of capillaries. Just observe.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What kind of things I should watch out for?
See the play behavior, feeding and temp.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks Dr. Vasavada
You are welcome.