Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Board Certified Pediatrician
Experience:  MD, practicing Pediatrician. Member American Academy of Pediatrics.
239748

I've twins boys, now they're 5 months. The twin 1 hasn't

Hello, I've twins boys, now they're 5 months. The twin 1 hasn't been eating to well and he cries whenever he want to eat but he wouldn't and he well be hungry but he won't and the doctor has been prescribing Abidec for since he was born, but hasn't been any changes since then. Please what else can i do to help with his eating A bit.

Welcome to just answer. I am Dr. Gupta, board certified Pediatrician and practicing since last 16 years.

Could you give me some more information regarding yor question -

- how is the weight gain of the baby on each doctor visit. Is he gaining weight adequately?

- is there any white coating on his tongue?

- is he passing adequate urine?

- are the babies still on breast milk or have they been weaned towards food?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
He's gaining weight but not like his brother at all.
They're no white coating on his tongue that only come up whenever he just had hus milk.
He's urine is fine.
They're but on breast milk and bottle, but they only still for 5 minutes
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Am still waiting for your response

I am working on it, give me a few minutes :)

In cases of twins it is very common for one of the twins to gain less wt & ht as compared to the other, this is related to how they are inside the womb,

What we need to do is monitor the weight gain, and if that is normal, usually this is not a cause of worry,

It is possible that your concern is related to comparing the two children with each other, I would recommend that you discuss your concern with the pediatrician during the next healthy baby visit,

You could consider weaning them if suggested by the pediatrician, that may help the twin 1 become less fussy,

Most of all, try not to compare :)

Please get back for any clarifications,

Do leave a 5 star rating if you are happy with the answer, you can continue interacting even after rating me,
Warm regards

Dr. Gupta, MD

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Point of correction this is not the case of comparing the twins. I can't wait for things to go wrong before I take necessary action. The weight his gaining is alot of had work am putting in but remember they're twins and that is the reason am trying to get help.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
If i desired to live him for 1day again he will loss weight and I'll put in more effort to get back to tge right weight.

I understand your concern, with twins the challenges are certainly doubled.

Generally speaking babies are unlikely to lose weight, even if they are fussy eaters.

They may gain a bit less than the other one, but this is likely to be within normal.

Of course, weight gain can be a significant challenge in this situation, the best way is to monitor the weight gain weekly initially and if that is fine, then you can try to enjoy the feeding time with the babies, as this is related to better weight gain.

Sometimes changing the formula may help a certain fussy baby too,

Warm regards

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you, I'll try and change the formula and see how it goes.

you are most welcome. Glad to be of help

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.