Dr. Y. Vasavada
Dr. Y. Vasavada, Pediatrician
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
16481530

My daughter had her MMR, Hib-Men C and booster vaccinations

Hi,My daughter had her MMR, Hib-Men C and booster vaccinations (Men B, Pneumococcal) today. After about 6 hours later, her temperature started to rise as expected but her temperature is now 38.8. She is playful although looks a bit tired. Her temperature didn’t rise this much after previous vaccinations.Is this normal? How high is too high after vaccinations?
Quite normal, just cool her physically. One day affair must be. Good luck.
Can touch 39. Use calpol then.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you Dr. Vasavada.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi again Dr. Vasavada,My daughter’s temperature was 37.5 or under this morning but it is now 38 and two of the injection sites’ redness is getting larger.Do you think I should take her to our GP or hospital?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Left arm and left leg.
Sorry but you can wait a day or two, use warm pack as fomentation and see Dr if you see yellow point near center.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks Dr. My daughter’s temperature is now low. I check her every 2 hours during the night. She was sweaty and cold when I checked her an hour ago and the temperature was 35.7 C. I changed her and wrapped in some blankets. It is now 36 C but she doesn’t feel cold and she is sweating as well. I am confused.
No harm as system adjusts itself. She may need more fluid orally.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you very much Dr. Vasavada

You are welcome.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Dear Dr. Y. Vasavada,
My daughter’s temperature was between 36.4 - 37.6 during the day yesterday and she seemed totally fine (playing and responding as usual). I checked her quite frequently after I put her to bed last night as she woke up a lot. She was sweating and her temperature dropped to 35.6 again. Do you think it is still normal that she has low body temperatures and sweating during sleep at night?Just to make a note, today is day 3 after vaccinations and the redness around the injection site on her leg has started to fade away yesterday.

If you feel skin and there seems to be no fever, no need to check frequently. Please give warmed fluids and massage oil lightly over body after hot bath. A light woolen may be used. Post vaccination the body immune system is working overtime so few days to a week she may have such issues. Nothing to worry if no high fever now.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you very much doctor.

You're welcome.

You are welcome