Dr. Y. Vasavada
Dr. Y. Vasavada, Pediatrician
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
16481530

My baby is 5 weeks old and she got bad nappy rash and she is

Customer Question

Hi , my baby is 5 weeks old and she got bad nappy rash and she is crying screaming when she wee , she is also poo a lot ,every time she’s crying and after I wipe her she does a bit again, she is always a bit dirty . Any change you can help me ? I tried most of nappy creams i use only silcock base but it doesnt go away , and from yesterday her bottom is more reddish
Category: Paediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Y. Vasavada replied 5 months ago.
Hi, Please also use cream containing hydrocortisone and anesthetic. Give Benadryl 1 ml syrup twice. Get stool sample tested in lab for any infection. Good luck