Dr. Y. Vasavada
Dr. Y. Vasavada, Pediatrician
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
16481530

My granddaughter was born on 27th June AND AT A WEEK OLD WAS

Customer Question

my granddaughter was born on 27th June AND AT A WEEK OLD WAS FOUNDTO HAVE LOW THYROXZINE LEVELS.WE WERETOLD THAT SHE EITHER DID NOT HAVE A THYROID GLAND OR ONE THAT WASNT FUNCTION.SHE HAS BEEN TO HOSPITAL AND SON WAS TOLD THAT VHER THYROXINE LEVELS VHAD IMPROVED BUT NOT AS MUCH AS THEY WANTED AND TO CONTINUE TO GIVE HER THE SAME DOSE.I DONT THINK THE HOSPITAL AT DURHAM HAS A PAEDIATRIC ENDOCRINO;OGIST .CAN YOU GIVE ME SOME ADVICE THANK YOU SUSAN ****

Category: Paediatrics
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
we live in Bishop Auckland , Co.Durham, do you know where the nearest PAEDIATRIC CONSULTANT IS THAT SPECIALIZISES IN CASES LIIKE THIS
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
THE BABY WAS CONCIEVED THOUGH IVF
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I* will wait a little longer 48 hrs from now
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Dr. Y. Vasavada replied 2 years ago.

Hi, thanks, ***** ***** your query, will be replying in few seconds please. Dr. Yogindra

Susan, Such babies are observed through the first six to 9 months and labeled only then to have deficient thyroid. Most of such babies catch up in hormone production. Her growth and milestones may be closely observed.

Please inquire with

Endocrinology

This service is provided by the Children's & Adolescent Services department run by the County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust.