wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

Y son is 2 in October. Since he was born his stools have

Customer Question

Hi,y son is 2 in October. Since he was born his stools have bothered me. He didn’t poo for over a week had to be given a suppository, so I never seen any meconium. He wouldn’t poo for days, changed formula etc now nearly two his poos are always a very dark colour. It’s not good related as in they are dark all the time no matter what he eats.
Category: Paediatrics
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 8 days ago.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I’ve no problem waiting. Thanks.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 7 days ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 7 days ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 7 days ago.

How is your son doing otherwise?

Meeting all his milestones?

Does your son have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Otherwise he seems to be doing great. Meeting all milestones No other medical problems or medication.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 7 days ago.

Thank you for that additional information.

From what you have posted I would not give any thought at all to your childs feces or frequency of defecation.

These things vary widely and are perfectly normal.
If you are still really worried then keep a diary of your childs defecation along with samples of his feces and bring these to his pediatrician for evaluation.

But, in the end, I am confident that everything will be fine.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS