Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Board Certified Pediatrician
Experience:  MD, practicing Pediatrician. Member American Academy of Pediatrics.
239748

My 6 year old daughter had developed a motor tic, shaking of

Customer Question

Hi, my 6 year old daughter had developed a motor tic, shaking of the head almost constant throughout the day, my doctors have said (without seeing her) this is attention seeking and to ignore it should I get a second opinion?
Category: Paediatrics
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 12 months ago.
Expert:  Dr. Y. Vasavada replied 12 months ago.

Hi, thanks, ***** ***** your query, will be replying in few seconds please. Dr. Yogindra

Yes she is too young but try videographing her act and show it to her. May try reward and mild punishment.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
hi, she is aware of what she does, and doesn't like us taking videos of her as she feels embarrassed, do you think this is just something kids do for attention or is this something deeper connected with behavioral issues? she's not disruptive. As we were given this advise from the family doctor I'm trying to get a second opinion on whether I need to get private doctor to look at this.

If her tic is not bothering or interfering with her studies etc, nothing to worry. May ask her friend to talk to her about this tic.