Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

Ravoof, My 8 years old son has vernal keratoconjunctivitis

Hi Dr. Ravoof,My 8 years old son has vernal keratoconjunctivitis and currently has a flare up. His eyes are painful since this morning and he also complains about forehead pain. He was at school so I couldn’t give him any painkillers. He says he was tired and sleepy. He didn’t sleep very well last night due a bad dream he had. Do you think this pain is normal and due to either allergy or tiredness?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I also wanted to add that last time he had similar forehead pain was 6 months ago but it wasn’t bad and he didn’t need any painkillers. Sleeping helped.

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 14 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

1. Any vomiting?
2. Any double vision or visual abnormality?
3. Any loss of consciousness?
4. Any seizures?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your respond Dr. Sumanth.
1. No vomiting
2. No visual abnormality
3. No loss of consciousness
3. No seizures
Then there's nothing to worry about this headache please.Please give me either Tylenol or Ibuprofen alternatively.Just keep him well hydrated.I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.
A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".
If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -
https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What is the frequency of such headaches in children which are considered normal? When should we start to worry for such headaches?
Now a days childhood migraine is on the rise.Childhood migraine is being increasingly recognised... in the wake of mobile and tablet usage.The red flag signs we need to worry are -
1. Intractable or early morning vomiting.
2. Seizures.
3. Loss of consciousness.
4. Double vision.
5. Weakness of body parts.
6. Loss of inhibition social like urinating in public.
7. Unstable gait, loss of balance and slurred speech.Best regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Dr.Sumanth,
Experience: 
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you very much Dr. Sumanth.

I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you and put your mind at ease. In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I already added you as my favourite medical expert. Thank you Dr. Sumanth. Kind Regards.
Happy to help anytime!