Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

My 8 month baby keeps screaming and crying as if in pain.

My 8 month baby keeps screaming and crying as if in pain. His temperature is normal I’m wondering if it could be constipation or an ear infection
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the ear issue? Have you had any colds or flus recently?
Customer: He has always rubbed and pulled at his ears, I thought it was a sign of teething so hard to tell. He had gastroenteritis a couple months back and has had sickness episodes since but this screaming happened Friday and today but no sick
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Expert should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of
Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 14 years of experience in the field of Pediatrics at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.
If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.
Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani
I understand your concern and I am sorry for his symptoms.

There could be 2 possibilities here -
1. Acute otitis media or serous otitis media... middle ear infection.

2. Gas in the tummy which can intermittently cause such screaming episodes (due to intestinal distension).

3. Nasal congestion.

I suggest you discuss these possibilities with his primary care physician or pediatrician.

He will require an otoscopic examination.

I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.
A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".
If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -
https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800
Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Would you suggest we see a clinician at A&E this evening or should we see our GP during the week and is there something we could do at home in the meantime such as Calpol?
You can give calpol to reduce the pain for the moment.
But he needs evaluation to find out the actual cause.
Meanwhile for nasal congestion (if there's any) you can use saline nasal drops please.
But I can assure you it's not an emergency please as he's having it only intermittently.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thank you very much for your advice

I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you and put your mind at ease. In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.

Kind regards - Dr Sumanth Amperayani