How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-pediatrics specialty)
Category: Paediatrics
Satisfied Customers: 55654
Experience:  Many years of outpatient experience with all age groups
Type Your Paediatrics Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

Assistant: How can I help? my son of 2 years old is coughing

This answer was rated:

Assistant: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: my son of 2 years old is coughing and running nose ! He has almost 2 weeks ! During the night he has fever ... the gp recommend me calpol and nurofen!
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?
Customer: 2 weeks!
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Expert should know?
Customer: fever and running nose.. he doesn’t want to eat anymore

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Sorry to hear about your son

What's your question about this please?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
What should I do to get my child back? has no appetite, no energy! for 2 weeks it seems like another child!

When did the GP see him?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
This Monday!
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Should I ask for blood test?

Well it's obvious he needs antibiotics for what sounds like bronchitis so he really needs to see him again

He needs blood work too

For now you can give him Mucinex and Delsym cough syrup in addition to the nurofen and calpol

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you! Tomorrow I call my gp! T

My pleasure

I'm here if you ever need me again

Please remember to rate my service to you so I can get credit for my time

Dr. Chip and other Paediatrics Specialists are ready to help you