Dr. Ben
Dr. Ben, Doctor
Experience:  GP Partner, practicing Medicine for 14 years. I have broad experience with special interests in Dermatology, Paediatrics, Sexual Health and Oncology.
105673646

My child has temperature for 3 days, I normally don’t take

My child has temperature for 3 days, I normally don’t take to the doctor before that, as it normally does away within this time, but this it seems persistent. It goes up very fast and doesn’t come down easily. I’ve been trying to control wth calpol and nurofen, calpol has no effect on reducing his temperature. Ibuprofen reduces, but it doesn’t go bellow 37.5
He’s 4 yo, coughs, has cold feet even when temperature reaches 39. It goes from 37.5 to 39.5 very quickly. (He’s wearing pants only for 3 days). Other than baths and the medication mention above,any suggestions on how to control temperature? If he’s still like this, I’ll have to take him to the GP tomorrow.

Hello, thank you for your question. I’m Dr. Ben and I’m here to assist you today. Please allow me a few moments to review your question and I’ll be right back.

If you receive an invitation for a phone call, please know this is automatically generated by the site and has not come from me. Feel free to ignore it.

If you are able to tell me his weight then we can work out weight-adjusted doses for him that are likely to be more effective.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
20kg

Okay, thank you.

Paracetamol (120mg/5ml) = 12.5ml up to four times daily

Ibuprofen (100mg/5ml) = 10ml up to three times daily

Does this help?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thanks Dr.Ben.
I’ll adjust and see if this helps.

You’re very welcome, all the best.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.