Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MS, Fellowship in sports medicine. Deals with general pediatric surgical disorders.
5625079

Is greenish colour poo ok for a formula fed baby?

Is greenish colour poo ok for a formula fed baby ?

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

What species of animal are we talking about here?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
A 10 week old baby girl

Cat or dog?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry it’s a human just realised you are a vet that’s where there is confusion

Ah I see, sorry for the confusion. I will try and get your question transferred to a doctor

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok thanks

Apart from color are there any other issues with the bowel motion; loose consistency, watery bowel motions, smelly stool?

Since when is the change in the color?

Has she fever or nausea or refusing feeds?

The green color of the motion is due to increased intestinal movements which leave the bile to be undigested, causing it a green color. So it tells that there may be a mild intestinal infection or formula is not tolerated well or the baby may be allergic to it.

Wishing her a speedy resolution and all the very best in life.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Stay blessed.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, MS, Fellowship in sports medicine. Deals with general pediatric surgical disorders.