DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I have a daughter 3 years old she has a fever I give her

Customer Question

I have a daughter 3 years old she has a fever I give her nurofen but her temperature is going up
Assistant: How long have you had a fever? Do you have any respiratory symptoms?
Customer: She has a fever since Sunday , she has been on antibiotics for ear infection but she had reactions to the antibiotics vomit, loos stool I have been in GP on Tuesday they said to continue with antibiotics, and if symptoms not improved take her to A&E which I did yesterday, one consultant in urgent care center told me that she have still ear infection, and throat , but she can take this antibiotics also that she was showing signs of dehydration so they send her to paediatric unit
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Expert should know?
Customer: Then she was seen by on other consultant which examined her and said she don’t have ear infection, she is not dehydrating, but they give her hydration fluids and she was one fluids challenge, her temperature was going up , after 15 h she passed urine which they dipstick and said she has urine infection and they want to give her same antibiotics which she has reaction to it , then they said they will send urine to lab and give us a call on Sunday to let us know, if she will have a temperature give her ibuprofen and calpol ,
Category: Paediatrics
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 7 days ago.

Hello! My name is Dr.Ehtisham. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

So currently she is not on any antibiotic?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
She has nurofen given at 14:00 but her temperature now is 39,7

Thanks for the details

You need to do cold sponging to her

You need to use Nurofen and calpol eavery 4 hourly alternatively

I feel she needs a course of antibiotic so you must visit the doctor if the fever stays the same in next day or so

Please do let me know if you have any other question

Are you with me?

Anything else you need help with?