Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

I have a severe allergy and my mother also has one. I have a

I have a severe nut allergy and my mother also has one.I have a 16 month daughter whom I fear may also have an allergy. Her mother has given her Nutella and she is fine. I feel anxious in myself and would like my daughter to have a allergy test. How do I go about doing this?
Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 14 years of experience in the field of Pediatrics at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.
If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.
Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you for the information.

If the kid has already been given Nutella and till now there are no clinical manifestations of allergy or anaphylaxis, then there is no need for you to worry about immediate nut allergy or anaphylaxis.

To be frank with you there is no need to test for any of the allergic manifestations or allergens as long as the kid is doing well.

It is not a hundred percent surety that just because you and your mother have it your daughter should get it.

But I would recommend not giving groundnuts till 2 years of age and after that if she is not allergic to any of the nuts you may continue giving her nuts.

But my professional opinion is that you need not test her for any of the food allergies right now as she is not having any symptoms.

I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.
A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".
If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -
https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800
Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you and put your mind at ease. In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.

Kind regards - Dr Sumanth Amperayani