Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

My 7 year-old girl has noticeably started to regress at

My 7 year-old girl has noticeably started to regress at school over the last few months. We noticed it first in her maths, she has lost the ability to do some of the basic calculations she had no problem with last year
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Her school teacher has now told us that other areas of her school work are starting to show the same regression
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Expert should know?
Customer: Her teacher advised us to consult with our GP which we have now done but we have no idea how long we will wait for a referral to a paediatrciain
JA: Our average wait time is under 20 minutes. Sometimes it takes just a minute. More complicated questions that need more research might take an hour or two.
Customer: We are obviously concerned this regression may be something more fundamental and would like some advice on how to progress quickly

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 14 years of experience in the field of Pediatrics at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.

Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Hi... I understand your concern but I need more information before guiding you further on this.

Please answer the questions below -

1. What is the exact date of birth?

2. What was the birth weight?

3. What is the current weight and length of the kid?

4. Did the baby cry immediately after birth?

5. Was the baby breast fed in the first 24 hours of life?

6. When did the baby attain social smile?

7. When did the baby roll over (at what age)?

8. At what age did the baby sit without support?

9. At what age did the baby stand without support?

10. When did the baby start saying mama - dada?

11. Did the baby get seizures any time?

12. How many words does the kid's vocabulary contain now?

13. Does he express her wants by words or by sign language?

14. How is her mingling with other kids and strangers?

15. Does she have stereotypic play or imaginative play?

16. Do you think that she has lost his already attained language milestones, like for example, the words she was previously expressing she is not expressing now?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I can get specific answers to those a little later, in the meantime it is probably worth me stating that she has always been meeting or exceeding expectations since birth, whether that is as a baby or during school.

Her language developed very well from an early age and she has a very good vocabulary, we have not noticed any regression language at all

She has never had any seizures

She uses words not sign language

In terms of mingling, she is nervous in new situations but likes to take the lead in group situations once she is comfortable.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Our immediate concern is whether this could be something neurological and what would be the quickest way to diagnose or rule out this?
Thank you for getting back with the requested necessary information.

From your description of her symptoms and correlating it with the medical history that I have gathered from you I feel that the possibilities are -

1. Specific learning disability as far as arithmetics is concerned.

2. Extremely unlikely but autistic spectrum disorder need to be considered.

I would like to reassure you that this is nothing neurological; but she will require evaluation for specific learning disability please.

I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.
A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".
If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -
https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800
Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Did you get my response please?

I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you and put your mind at ease. In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.

Kind regards - Dr Sumanth Amperayani