Dr. Y. Vasavada
Dr. Y. Vasavada, Pediatrician
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
16481530

I have a 4 month old baby that was 3 weeks early I was

I have a 4 month old baby that was 3 weeks early I was induced with her she currently on going with watery poos for 7 days now I took her doctors like I was told to 4 days ago and they did her temp and felt her tummy and said it was soft and sent me home this is still ongoing she having really nasty green smelly poos sometimes a little yellow Iv changed 4 poo nappies today and she will do atleast another one before bed sometimes I’m changing 5-6 poo nappies in a day and I’m confused to why this is happening

Hi, thanks, am reading your query, will be replying in few seconds please. Dr. Yogindra

If this change of bowel character is recent and water is separate in poo, it may be virus or bacterial infection. A culture report may be ordered, to know of pathogenic organism and drugs acting on them. Antibiotic course may be started like Amoxycillin after sending sample to lab. Good luck.

Dr. Y. Vasavada, Pediatrician
Experience: M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp