Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff,
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

Baby is 11 weeks old. He has come up with this rash? There

Baby is 11 weeks old. He has come up with this rash ?There isn’t a temp and he had his first immunisations four days ago.

Good afternoon, I am Dr Elliot and hope I can help

So can I just clarify, your baby hasn’t had a temperature? And are they alert as normal? And feeding well with good wet nappies?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
My baby had a temp four days ago when he got his immunisations. But since then his temp has been around 36.6-37C. Normal wet nappies and passing minimum 3 poop and wet nappies. He is eating fine (Solely breast milk), he leaving an ounce here and there but then I am nursing him on demand so that could be the reason. He is just as alert as normal.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Yesterday the rash was on his head but then I washed him down and it calmed down

Okay thanks, ***** ***** is likely to be something called Roseola or Sixth disease. This is a self limiting viral illness in those between 6months to 2 years generally speaking

It often looks worse than it actually is, but if they are very well with it, then will take about 5-7 days to settle. But if there is any fever or they appear unwell then I would suggest a urgent review with your doctor

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
What should I do ? How do you know it is that ?

It is a clinical diagnosis. The appearance is suggestive of it

I could find a nearby urgent treatment centre so you could have someone look at them to be certain if you like? This is certainly reasonable

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No thank
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Is there anything I should do ? I read antibiotic don’t help.

Okay. No antibiotics are needed for this as it is likely a viral cause

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok

You don’t need to do much, but a moisturiser will help if the skin seems to irritate them

I will forward you a link regarding it. Please could I ask that you rate my response, thank you

If you click on the stars at the top this will help with my appraisal and also allow me to be credited with responding to your question. Thank you