Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

My toddler has some tooth decay on his baby teeth how can I

Hello, my toddler has some tooth decay on his baby teeth how can I help him? He has already lost one tooth from it he brushes his teeth twice a day but his teeth are really weak
JA: Have you noticed any swelling in the gums? When was your last visit to the dentist?
Customer: There is no swelling and he doesn't complain of his teeth hurting , our last appoint was 3 months ago but the dentist just said he'd got decay but didn't advise anything else
JA: Anything else in your child's medical history you think the Expert should know?
Customer: No he's fit and healthy with a good diet

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 15 years of experience in the field of Pediatrics at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

May I request you to upload an image please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've taken a picture but how do I send it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Something has sent but I'm not sure

Please hold on - the image is dwonloading.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for uploading the image for my better understanding.There are two possibilities here.1. Poor Oral hygiene... I am sorry to say this but the only good option will be to do brushing three times a day.
But even any number of times you do the most important point to remember is that after the night time brushing there should not be any food intake till the kid goes to bed.2. Calcium and vitamin D deficiency could be another possibility.I suggest you provide over the counter vitamin D and calcium supplements regularly for a period of 3 to 6 months and then we might notice a difference.I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.
A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".
If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -
https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you and put your mind at ease. In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.