How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anthony Osula Your Own Question
Anthony Osula
Anthony Osula, Doctor (non-pediatrics specialty)
Category: Paediatrics
Satisfied Customers: 453
Experience:  MB ChB DRCOG
Type Your Paediatrics Question Here...
Anthony Osula is online now

My son suffers with eczema, he is 7 months old, we are

Customer Question

Hi - my son suffers with eczema, he is 7 months old, we are desperate to get an allergy test carried out as he reacts to dairy, egg and something else as we cannot control his eczema - I’m trying to find a private pediatric allergist that will carry out the allergy tests ASAP. He has been referred to our hospital under his dermatologist and our GP howeverr the wait could be another 4-5 months!!!
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: yes we’ve seen his dermatologist however we need an allergy test ASAP and I’m struggling to get one done - do you know a clinic that would see us?
JA: Anything else in your child's medical history you think the Expert should know?
Customer: Only he’s dairy and egg free at the moment as he reacts with his eczema and gut however he still has bad flares so it’s something else we’re eating and I’m unable to find the trigger
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Paediatrics
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 12 days ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Expert:  Dr. Y. Vasavada replied 11 days ago.

Hi, thanks, ***** ***** your query, will be replying in few seconds please. Dr. Yogindra

Expert:  Dr. Y. Vasavada replied 11 days ago.

It may not be only food, other items of synthetic clothing, soap, pets etc are also cause. For private testing please see link :

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi - yes I’ve looked into those intolerance testing websites but none of them will do a child under the age of 5/6 for insurance purposes.I understand it may not be just food however we still need a non iGE allergy test and a skin prick test also.What I’m trying to find out is what Private allergy clinic in the East Midlands will see us? ASAP? Not months down the line.
Expert:  Anthony Osula replied 11 days ago.

Hi, I can help with your query. Where in the midlands are you based?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
We are in Ashbourne, Derbyshire
Expert:  Anthony Osula replied 11 days ago.

Ok, you wont find much in that specific area, but I;ve attached a link to a website that you can contact the allergy clinic

which is usually by video consultation initallly,%20UK&lat=53.016626&lon=-1.732179&specialties[]=1956

Expert:  Anthony Osula replied 11 days ago.[]=1956