Dr. Ben
Dr. Ben, Doctor
Experience:  GP Partner, practicing Medicine for 14 years. I have broad experience with special interests in Dermatology, Paediatrics, Sexual Health and Oncology.
105673646

Child 2 years high temperature 38.8 from Sunday night,

Customer Question

child 2 years high temperature 38.8 from Sunday night, drinking every 4-5 hours Nurofen, now from today we need more to nurofen I give calpol, went without eating, good musinuka which usgeruabper several times 50ml,
JA: Do you keep personal medical records to help track this?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else in your child's medical history you think the Expert should know?
Customer: No
Category: Paediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 14 days ago.

Hello, thank you for your question. I’m Dr. Ben and I’m here to assist you today. Please allow me a few moments to review your question and I’ll be right back.

Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 14 days ago.

If you receive an invitation for a phone call, please know this is automatically generated by the site and has not come from me. Feel free to ignore it.

Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 14 days ago.

I’m sorry to hear about this problem, it sounds like they are poorly with an ongoing fever.

Do they have any other symptoms at all?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No thanks
Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 14 days ago.

Are they drowsy or seem poorly to you?

Are they taking fluids okay and wetting their nappy regularly?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
sleepy, drink little fluids, one pampers a day
Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 14 days ago.

I understand, thank you.

In that case, really I would recommend that they are assessed by calling 111 - they will be able to put you in touch with the out-of-hours GP service for an examination/review.

Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 14 days ago.

I hope this is helpful.

Is there anything else you would like to ask me about this?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
what may be the child in your opinionwhat may be the child in your opinion
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
what is the child what he suspects
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
what is the child what he suspects?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
what a child can be
Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 14 days ago.

It is difficult to know in the absence of any other symptoms apart from fever, hence why it will be important to examine them.

It is likely there is an infection with possibilities including covid, common cold, ear, throat, chest, urine.