Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

I have some concerns about my son development, No.we are

Hello .i have some concerns about my son development
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No.we are waiting to see the doctor on 27.03.he’s 2,5 years old and he does a lot of things but he doesn’t always look when i call him and when i speak with him he doesn’t understands me.if i show him he understands but when i talk it’s like he doens’t understands
JA: Anything else in your child's medical history you think the Expert should know?
Customer: when we made the 3months imunisation on his leg had a 3 cm red line at the vaccine area and after that line passed in a few week he had from timie to time a bump that pased
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?
Customer: The line passed in 3weeks afer imunisation but that bump apears and go away very fast from time to time until he was 8months old.

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani. I have 16 years of experience in the field of Pediatrics at a tertiary care referral hospital. I am currently reviewing your question.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hi... I understand your concern but I need more information before guiding you further on this.

Please answer the questions below -

1. What is the exact date of birth?

2. What was the birth weight?

3. What is the current weight and length of the kid?

4. Did the baby cry immediately after birth?

5. Was the baby breast fed in the first 24 hours of life?

6. When did the baby attain social smile?

7. When did the baby roll over (at what age)?

8. At what age did the baby sit without support?

9. At what age did the baby stand without support?

10. When did the baby start saying mama - dada?

11. Did the baby get seizures any time?

12. How many words does the kid's vocabulary contain now?

13. Does he express his wants by words or by sign language?

14. How is his mingling with other kids and strangers?

15. Does he have stereotypic play or imaginative play?

16. Do you think that he has lost his already attained language milestones, like for example, the words he was previously expressing he is not expressing now?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
1. 11-09-2018. 2. 3,460 kg.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
3 .90 cm. 13kg
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
4yes
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
5.yes
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
6. 3-4months.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
7. 7months
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
8. 7 months
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
9.10 months
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
10. 10-11 months
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
11. No
Please hold on.
12, 13, 14, 15, 16.
Please answer these questions also.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
12. Now he is saying only a few words.he is counting from 1-10.mama dada.but i don’t think he is asociiating with me when he is saying
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
13.when he want’s something that he can’t get becouse is to high he takes us there by hand and for almost everything he shows us by hands
Rest please?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I know that he smiles and approach them but with this pandemic situation when we go to a park the kids are distant .he goes to nursery.t
16?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
14.he play with everyhing and now is facinated by numbers and he counts everywere he sees numbers.he does not play with wheels or a toy for on and on
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
16. Yes he was speaking and he was doing things that he doesn’t do anymore .is like forgotten them
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I attach a picture of how was the bump on his leg.apeard and dissapeard in a few minutes a few times
Thank you for getting back with the information I requested.
I am sorry to say that we need to consider and rule out autism here.
There are three main features in Autism which I have covered in my questions -
1. Verbal and nonverbal communication.
2. Relating to others and to environment.
3. Flexible behaviour and mingling with others.Though it is extremely difficult to diagnose this condition in less than 2 years of age, once diagnosed or picked up by high index of suspicion, it is extremely important to have early stimulation and intervention which will be extremely helpful and goes a long way in the treatment.Any loss of speech, babbling, gestures, or social skills should be taken very seriously, as regression is a major red flag for autism.In this you have mentioned that he was talking and now he has not been talking so much off late.I suggest you do not delay and please go ahead with clinical psychological evaluation for Autism. If it is not Autism, we are all extremely happy. But if it is going to be autistic spectrum disorder, we will have the option of early intervention and early stimulation therapy.I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you today!
Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please. We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you .i was affraid of that.we are on a waiting list with a pediatrician and for speech and language therapy.can you guide me what sould i do ?what clinic should i go to?should i wait for the appointment that we have?thank you
I suggest you get in touch with your clinical psychologist through your pediatrician.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you and put your mind at ease.
"A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!"
In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.
If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -
https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800