Srividhya V S
Srividhya V S, Consultant Pediatrician
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Dr V S Srividhya
103130152

I have photos of my 2.5 month old baby's stool from one

Customer Question

Hello,I have photos of my 2.5 month old baby's stool from one whole day. I don't know how to mucus in stool looks like. I have read the explanation of slimy streaks or slings but can't really understand if there are some in it.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No, I haven't, no medications
JA: Is there anything else the Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have noticed white horizontal lines on my baby's nails
Category: Paediatrics
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
File attached (477ZG2T)
Expert:  Srividhya V S replied 17 days ago.
Hello.
Welcome to just answer.
I am Dr vazsv pediatrician here to help you.
I completely understand your concern and I would try my best to help you.I would like to reassure you that the stools of a young infant can vary in consistency and colour as the gastrointestinal tract undergoes a transition.Please wait while I look at the images and get back
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I have added photos of the stool, of the nail as well as something that is growing next to her ear.
Thank you for posting the clear images.
All images look normal
The stools are very much normal fir her age..the white lines in the nails are normal as the nails start growing now following slow shredding of the fetal nails.
The swelling near the ears looks like a small furuncle ..it doesn't need any intervention unless she feels pain while touching there.
It can also be a persistent milia which is common skin eruptions in young infants.
Please let me know if you need any further information.
I would be glad to help you.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Also for the last week my baby starts screaming and crying after we get her out of the bath and nothing can calm her down? What might be the reason?
That is a common reaction to bath due to temperature change..
Also babies feel very hungry and sleep immediately after bath.