Dr Anil kumar
Dr Anil kumar, Doctor
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
4713694

I’m 2 and half weeks late on my period,I’ve been having

Customer Question

I’m 2 and half weeks late on my period,I’ve been having really bad cramps and I started bleeding abit yesterday but it’s not like my normal period and also I have bad pain in my shoulder
Category: Paediatrics
Expert:  Dr Anil kumar replied 23 days ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

And I would serve you with care and patience.

First I need to ask a few questions so that I can gather more information related to your health concerns; I am preparing & typing the questions now, and I will follow up with you.

NOTE - All phone call requests are auto-generated and you may ignore these requests. Communicating through text chat is just fine with me.

I am sorry to hear about your problem.
We can continue our conversation now through text in this reply forum.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

History of unprotected sex?

Are you taking any medications, birth control?

Weight changes?

Lower back pain?

Nausea, heartburn?

When was your last menstrual period started?

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
April the 17th was my last one,I have been having unprotected sex

Have you undergone a urine pregnancy test so far?

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
it’s negative

Please allow me just a few minutes.
I’ll reply to you back soon after reviewing it.

Thanks for your cooperation and patience.

Sorry for the late reply and inconvenience.

Thanks for all this additional information.

I understand your concern.

And it’s my first privilege to pay attention and provide you with suggestions to relieve your discomfort/ worry.

As such there can be a variety of causes of a missed period like hormonal imbalance, weight gain, weight loss, PCOD, thyroid dysfunction, pregnancy to name a few.
The chances of pregnancy are less likely if you performed the test a week after the missed period.

Your bleeding can be caused due to hormonal imbalance.
Hormone fluctuations can occur due to changes in diet, changes in sleep patterns, exercise routines, stress levels, etc. It can also be caused by any new medications even over the counter supplements or any recent illnesses.
So, you should consult your gynecologist and your doctor may advise some form of progesterone to induce a period and further investigations like ultrasound, blood work like Thyroid function test, LH, FSH, etc may be advised for further diagnosis and management.

Hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.

Let me know if you have any further queries so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
If you have an ectopic pregnancy does it mean you have a positive test result?

Approximately 1% of ectopic pregnancies will have a negative urine pregnancy test and a β-hCG level of less than 20 mIU/mL.

Otherwise, have a positive urine pregnancy test.